For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Bilingual Telephonic Transplant Nurse Case Manager, you will drive positive outcomes by supporting a diverse member population with education, advocacy and the connections to the resources they need. This is a telecommute / work from home position.
Shift: Monday - Friday from 8am - 5 pm. Shift requires some days to be worked until 7pm as needed.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members
- Making referrals to outside sources
- Coordinating services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Utilizing Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Making welcome home calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in your state of residence
- 2+ years of experience as an RN in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience or experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Transplant experience as a Nurse
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- Access to high speed internet from home (Broadband cable, Fiber or DSL)
- A dedicated workspace from home
- Bachelor's Degree or greater
- Experience working in an ICU with transplant patients
- Experience working in an Oncology setting with transplant patients
- 5+ years of bone marrow or solid organ transplant experience as a nurse where working with transplant patients is a main focus of your job
- A background in managed care (MCO) or insurance setting
- Case Management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience/exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your lifes best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key Words: Work at home, Work from home, Virtual, Telecommute, Transplant, Registered Nurse, Transplant Coordinator, Case Manager, RN, Mountain standard, MST, CST, Central standard, PST, Pacific standard, Bilingual, Spanish, Oncology, Infusion, Bone Marrow, Solid Organ, Liver, ICU, Dialysis, Kidney Disease, CKD, Navigator