Location: 2051C-CRC Central
Scale House Attendent
Waste Connections in Vancouver,WA, is currently looking for a full time Scale AttendantÂ to work out in our Transfer Station. Hours will beWednesday-Friday 10am-6:30pm and Saturday-Sunday 8am-4pm.Training will be 6am-2:30pm for the first week. Rate of pay is $14.75/HR starting and increase to $15.25 after 90 days.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individualâs unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the transfer station.
- Weighing trucks in and out and calculating payments for customers.
- Track weight information from scale to computer system and get appropriate signatures.
- Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Work on your feet outside throughout your shift
- Answers phone in a professional and enthusiastic fashion.
- Performs full clerical and general office duties.
- Assisting with office duties, filing and paperwork as needed.
- Ensuring that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Providing general upkeep of the Scale House.
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- On-the-job computer use/data entry
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stand throughout an 8-hour shift
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to climb, bend, and stoop to inspect containers.
- Good computer skills.
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Prior cash handling experience required.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)