With your leadership excellence, you’re ready to move up to the next level.
Sodexo Schools Division is seeking an experienced Food Operations Manager located in the Columbus Ohio area. This exciting opportunity will run a schools account that will fall under a larger unit in the area. NSLP experience is a plus with knowledge of Sodexo systems like UFS, DRIVE and Kronos. The school houses all grades K-12 with approximately 900 total students. We are looking for a self starter that knows how to find solutions to client opportunities and drive participation to new levels of success.
The preferred candidate will have experience in schools in the state of Ohio. Previous experience managing client union employees is a plus. This position will manage approximately 4 employees.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- provide employee training and development;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- create a positive working environment;_and
- ensure Sodexo and USDA standards are met.
The ideal candidates have the following:
- NSLP management experience.
- Strong financial acumen, talent management, training, development skills and front-line leadership.
- A proven track record and experience with managing client employees
- Food production, HHFKA, great communication, client relations, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A strong work ethic, a penchant for developing high performing teams and a solid understanding of HACCP and other food safety programs.
*** Per State Regulations, the selected candidate will participate in the OH SERS Program, which mandates 10% of Pay be put into a State Schools Retirement System with a 14% State Match until Retirement. Should you elect to not remain in this position until Retirement age, your Individual 10% Contribution is returned.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies