Maps Data Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 13, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200184713
Apple Maps team is looking for Base Maps Layer Lead in Data Eval. This position is a rare position combining strong technical and data analysis skills. You'll responsible for the creation and execution of overall test strategy by participating in product development cycles of new map features. You will be the owner of a specific layer of map data and making decisions regarding data quality. The right candidate will have experience working with large datasets in a production environment.
- Working knowledge in GIS domain is preferred
- Passionate about data quality
- Passionate about data and how data impact user experiences
- Like to code, and can coach others for coding or love learning
- Can work and love to work with very large amounts of data
- Can work in a fast paced environment
- Deeply technical and proficient in at least one programming or scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, SQL etc.) preferred
- Proven database experience including the ability to construct complex sql queries
- Efficient and productive with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Extraordinary communication and relationship skills
- Maps data background or experience with spatial analytics a huge plus
Your main responsibility is to drive apple maps base maps quality. You will setting up qualification pipeline, qualification criteria, identifying testing gaps, and delivering measurable test results. You're day to day activity includes participating in scrum meetings, analyzing spatial datasets, and reporting project status. Drive quality by setting qualification criteria, identifying testing gaps, and delivering measurable test results. This role is the ultimate owner for quality a specific layer of maps data.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in CS, geography or equivalent. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.