Sodexo is seeking a Director 2 - Facilities Operations/Project Manager for Paul Smith’s College in scenic Paul Smiths, NY.
This college has an incredible campus which is made up of 14,000 acres within the Adirondack Park. Students and faculty have an extensive outdoor recreational activity list one could imagine right at their doorstep and the nearby Tri-Lakes communities of Saranac Lake, Lake Placid and Tupper Lake offer a variety of activities year-round.
The Paul Smith’s College campus has 42 buildings and 600k sq. ft along with approximately 650 students. The Director 2 - Facilities Operations provides mentoring and leadership to 23 hourly union Sodexo employees.
The Sodexo Facility Management team oversees full facilities & project management including, but not limited to, maintenance, grounds, snow removal, capital project management, and custodial services.
Director of Facilities & Project Management
Day to day
We are looking for an experienced technical Director of Facilities and Project Management with the ability to manage capital projects, and manage the Trades, Grounds, Water & Waste Water Treatment facility, and support the custodial services while ensure administrative and financial activities are completed as required. This is a very demanding, fast paced facilities and capital project management position, working with both in-house staff and subcontractors on a variety of facilities maintenance and project management activities in northeastern New York. Strong project management skills required and building maintenance operational knowledge and experience, along with strategic facilities operational planning and response. Capability to establish and manage an ongoing capital and operational project plans, and a deferred maintenance program with coordinating prioritization, planning, and scheduling subcontractors in advance. Ability to clearly and regularly communicate and articulate facilities department activities and ensure strong relationship building through communication and planning activities with college administration including the college president.
- Responsible for project management and the facilities department with oversight of approximately 23 Sodexo hourly union employees, a custodial manager, and a maintenance operations manager.
- Overseeing and supporting custodial services, an office administrator and hourly employees (maintenance, a water & wastewater treatment facility, grounds, HVAC, shipping/receiving).
- This position will be a direct liaison between facility staff, college administration, faculty, college president, Board of Trustees, and interaction with students on a regular basis.
- Must have strong leadership and communication abilities that have been proven with their past experience and accomplishments.
- Responsible for managing all capital and operational projects with creation of scope of work, bid process, permits, complete project oversight including financials, and reporting to college president.
- Overseeing and plan all snow removal in conjunction with the facilities operations manager.
- Schedule work orders and preventive maintenance with follow through on staffs work and the equipment in correlation with the facilities operations manager.
- Assign and coordinate job tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management experience including, but not limited to, capital construction, renovation, asset replacement, scope of work creation, bid process, document control and management, etc.
- Experience with mechanical and overall building systems, and building trades (new construction, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, boilers)
- Must have strong computer knowledge (programs used currently are the Johnson Controls Metasys BAS, work order system, MS Office suite, Sodexo systems).
- MS Office Suite software
- Experienced with AutoCad preferred, but must have ability to read & interpret blue prints
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. _Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs_.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.