By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations where we hire these roles in the United States.
Rockwell Automation combines the imaginations of people with the potential of technology. We build the Connected Enterprise by linking people, machines and data across an entire business, making them more effective at what they do. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in automotive production, the work we do changes how we live. We expand human possibility by putting automation to work around the world.
As a Marketing intern you will work with a team of industry professionals in one or several of the following areas:
- Industry & Portfolio Marketing Programs: participate in projects focused on messaging and digital program development supporting the buyer's journey. Work with program managers to support new product introduction, reputation, demand generation and sales enablement programs driving awareness and demand for Rockwell Automation.
- Digital Marketing: activities may include: data model design, data collection & validation, search optimization, process design, design reviews, and product testing
- Marketing Operations: assist the marketing operations team in operationalizing our go to market strategy. Activities could include reviewing reports to apply analytical insights into program efforts; supporting marketing technology application and training; developing and activating content into the market to drive reputation and demand; and, assisting with global planning and interlock activities.
- Marketing Communications: work with our brand and communications team to help develop messaging, imagery and content on behalf of Rockwell Automation. Projects could span public relations; social media; events; and development of content to support our buyers and sales organization.
- Technical Product and/or Services Marketing:you will perform project-oriented work focused on developing marketing collateral for product or services businesses; activities may include:providingassistance in developing market strategy and material for a specific productor servicesline,developingand document Customer Value Propositions and White Papers, completingcompetitive technical assessments, support our field sales team with product information, developingsuccess stories for our industry fairs (Automation Fair,ROKLive, etc.)
You will have the opportunity to be a significant contributor, while getting comprehensive exposure to the business structure of Rockwell Automation and how we are helping our customers bring the Connected Enterprise to life. Rockwell will match your background and skills with your interests and our business needs. Each experience is unique; if you are extended an offer, the manager will share the details about his/her intern role, including specific projects you may work on and responsibilities you may have. Additionally, as a student associate there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills and immerse yourself in our company culture.
- Bigger picture mindset, seeing the entire application vs product level)
- Communicating technical concepts
- Problem solver
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference given to students met on campus, at a national recruiting event, through a Rockwell Automation-hosted event or a targeted recruiting campaign
- Preference give to students who have had prior intern or co-op with Rockwell Automation
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, Communications/Public Relations, Journalism or Information Science & Technology/MIS.
- Previous marketing experience in an industrial automation or manufacturing environment
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description