By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations where we hire these roles in the United States.
At Rockwell Automation, we offer transformative technology that help our customers differentiate their business. Our products optimize industrial operations. We are looking for energetic engineering students who want to advance their engineering capabilities and be part of a collaborative team that loves innovation.
As a Development Co-op you will work with a team of engineers and industry professionals in one or several of the following areas:
- Software and/or Firmware Development: We're bringing the Internet of Things (IoT) to the factory floor, and the power of high-performance computing engines has enabled exciting new possibilities for our software and firmware engineers. Intern activities may include: algorithm reviews, programming, lab testing, prototype evaluation, technology investigations, software development tools, and small design projects.
- Software and/or Firmware Test: Activities may include: generation of automated software/firmware functional test scripts and/or unit tests, test execution, debugging and anomaly reporting, assisting with the isolation and verification of defects. You will be exposed to a variety of testing methodologies and tools.
- Power Electronics: Tthese activities include: developing models in MatLab and/or ANSYS circuit simulation and FEA program; working in a lab environment and constructing prototype concepts and validating models via measurements
- User Experience (UX): If you like understanding the 'why' behind what we do, this is your domain; activities may include: conducting interviews to understand user needs, synthesizing information to develop a clear problem statement, participating in design thinking workshops to ideate on possible solutions, user interface design and functional prototyping to bring solutions to life, and participating in usability tests to gauge the success of proposed solutions
You will have the opportunity to be a significant contributor, while getting comprehensive exposure to the business structure of Rockwell Automation and how we are helping our customers bring the Connected Enterprise to life. Rockwell will match your background and skills with your interests and our business needs. Each experience is unique; if you are extended an offer, the manager will share the details about his/her intern role, including specific projects you may work on and responsibilities you may have. Additionally, as a student associate there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills and immerse yourself in our company culture.
- Problem solving
- Communicating technical concepts
- Collaborative mindset
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference given to students met on campus, at a national recruiting event, through a Rockwell Automation-hosted event or a targeted recruiting campaign
- Preference give to students who have had prior intern or co-op with Rockwell Automation in the past
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering with a focus on Power Electronics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Experience with industrial automation environments including PLC or drives programming
- Previous experience with Industrial Automation products
- Experience using Agile methodology
Architecture and Software
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Chelmsford - Massachusetts, Cleveland - Ohio, Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).