The Engineer In Training (EIT) program is an entry-level program for engineers to learn core Rockwell Automation product technologies and to develop fundamental engineering skills to support our customers. This program prepares recent engineering graduates from around the world to be Remote Support Engineers.
The program includes a combination of formal classroom training and work assignments to give engineers hands-on experience with Rockwell Automation's products and technologies. Training focuses on both technical and leadership competencies.
Program participants will have a high level of interaction with Rockwell Automation's leaders and will receive many opportunities to build their professional network.
The program will consist of 15 weeks of training in Mayfield Heights, OH prior to deployment into the remote support role.
Upon completion of the training program, engineers are assigned to one of our remote support facilities and will have occasional opportunities to travel to sites in support of our customers. As a Remote Support Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Providing troubleshooting assistance for Rockwell Automation products and technologies to Rockwell Automation field service personnel, distributors, integrators, and customers.
- Following new products through the development process and working closely with Engineering, Marketing, and Quality Assurance to ensure serviceability is designed into new products, that the products can be integrated and started up easily, that sufficient service stock and information is available to field service to support the products and that a support business plan is developed and in place prior to product releases.
- Reviewing product documentation prior to release to ensure essential information is present, accurate, and understandable for integration, start-up, and serviceability. Write Technical Notes, Technical Bulletins, and other documentation to inform Rockwell Automation personnel, domestic or international, of solutions to commonly experienced problems, work arounds, installation practices that create problems, etc. to improve customer satisfaction and acceptance.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge of Rockwell Automation products, associated equipment, and technologies by attending internal and external training classes, reading industry journals, establishing key contacts in Product Engineering and Marketing Department, and establishing contacts at vendors who not only supply product to us, but also vendors who interface with our products.
- Ensuring familiarity with company policies and procedures and applying them in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- In some cases it may be necessary to be on call and take calls outside the normal work week.
- Met the degree requirements and eligible to graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science/Technology, Information Science/Technology or related Engineering/Technology major from an accredited four year college or university
- Candidates must be geographically flexible; relocation is an essential part of the program.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference give to students who have had prior intern or co-op with Rockwell Automation
- Previous relevant experience in an Internship/Co-Op
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description