The Engineer In Training (EIT) program is an entry-level program for engineers to learn core Rockwell Automation product technologies and to develop fundamental engineering skills for use in customer facing activities. This program prepares recent engineering graduates from around the world to be cross functional, highly technical resources that provide engineering services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance and operation of automation control systems, drive systems, manufacturing systems, and industrial communication networks for Rockwell Automation's customers.
The program includes a combination of formal classroom training and work assignments to give engineers hands-on experience with Rockwell Automation's products and technologies. Training focuses on both technical and commercial competencies.
Program participants will have a high level of interaction with Rockwell Automation leadership and will receive many opportunities to build their professional network.
The program will consist of up to 6 months of training in Mayfield Heights, OH prior to deployment in to the Control Engineer role.
Upon completion of the training program Engineer Associate will be developed in order to support customers in a particular vertical industry, Local Solutions Center (LSC) or Field Engineering assignment within SSB. In the Vertical Industry Center or the Local Solution Center this position develops into being responsible for the design and implementation of systems - working in a project team environment, supporting the project throughout the life cycle. Field Engineering assignments would be part of a customer-site startup team.
- Provides updates to project manager or Engineering Lead pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget for self and other less-experienced engineers.
- Participates in proposal development activities.
- Performs detailed system design and implementation of systems and system components.
- May serve as a technical interface with the external and internal customers for assigned projects or assignments.
- Performs testing of equipment under the supervision of Sr. Engineer
- Participates in design reviews on all assigned projects.
- Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Interacts with various internal/external groups in support of project efforts.
- Obtains product technical information from other business units of Rockwell Automation and vendors as required.
- Supports an environment conducive to customer satisfaction.
- Builds relationships at the technical level of Rockwell customers.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the team.
- May provide support in customer presentations.
- Always operates under all electrical safety guidelines.
- Completes all necessary required training for location (solution center, field safety, etc.) and maintains this certification.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position
- Met the degree requirements and eligible to graduate with a Bachelor's/Master's Degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science/Technology, Information Science/Technology, and Aerospace Engineering or related Engineering/Technology major from an accredited college or university.
- Candidates must be geographically flexible; relocation is an essential part of the program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference give to students who have had prior intern or co-op with Rockwell Automation
- Previous relevant experience in an Internship/Co-Op
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).