By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations where we hire these roles in the United States.
At Rockwell Automation we integrate control and information across the enterprise to help our customers be more productive. Our approach beings with a focus on productivity, combined with our differentiated technology and domain expertise to deliver the positive business outcomes.
As an Application, Commercial or Field Engineering intern you will work with a team of engineers and industry professionals in one or several of the following areas:
- Application Engineering: You will perform project-oriented work implementing systems with Rockwell Automation products to meet unique customer requirements; activities include: PLC and HMI development, project status reporting, system testing and troubleshooting, functional design review and development.
- Commercial Engineering: You will support the Rockwell Automation sales team with pre-sales technical consulting which includes: proof of concepts, system architecture review and recommendations, customer interactions, and the creation of application notes and white papers. You may also work on projects including: event preparation (ROKLive and Automation Fair), technical lab/demo configuration and testing, product application testing and documentation, creating videos showing customers how to use products
- Field Engineering: You will support the activities of the Field Engineering staff and may be asked to perform or participate in: PLC and HMI development, project meetings via phone or at a customer location, observe emergency callouts at a customer location with a Field Engineer, the development of process improvement initiatives within the office, observe and participate in customer project start-ups
- Remote Support: You will learn to provide technical support to Rockwell Automation customers during the complete life cycle of a product, learn to identify and correct hardware and/or software discrepancies, strengthen customer relationships, and partake in updating/improving our knowledge repository. You will also learn the required hands-on knowledge of other Rockwell Automation products which may interface with the supported products; this support will predominantly be provided via electronic channels such as phone, chat and emails.
- You will have the opportunity to be a significant contributor, while getting comprehensive exposure to the business structure of Rockwell Automation and how we are helping our customers bring the Connected Enterprise to life. Rockwell will match your background and skills with your interests and our business needs. Each experience is unique; if you are extended an offer, the manager will share the details about his/her intern role, including specific projects you may work on and responsibilities you may have. Additionally, as a student associate there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills and immerse yourself in our company culture.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference given to students met on campus, at a national recruiting event, through a Rockwell Automation-hosted event or a targeted recruiting campaign
- Preference give to students who have had prior intern or co-op with Rockwell Automation
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with industrial automation environments including PLC or drives programming
- Previous experience with Industrial Automation products
Global Sales & Marketing
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description