Rockwell Automation is looking for a driven, enthusiastic, and competitive individual to join our growing North America Sales team in one of the key business areas of Rockwell and today's businesses. Focus of this role will be on growing pipeline and revenue of PTC's proven platform for the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) called ThingWorx and Augmented Reality called Vuforia by prospection and selling efforts. As a sales executive, you will prospect for new customers and sell PTC IoT and AR solutions to current and new customers all while focusing on business to business sales skills. You will work with an extended sales ecosystem on strategy within your specified territory.
- Achieve Rockwell Automation Information Software sales targets, and meet business revenue plans for software solutions using a discipline sales process within targeted accounts.
- Demonstrate the value of IoT offering through your activity (phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums)
- Prospect into whitespace accounts and feel comfortable targeting senior level decision makers positioning the value of digital transformation, specifically IoT and AR
- Drive the velocity of your opportunities further down the sales cycle and prepare the customer for a meaningful engagement with your dedicated sales rep counterpart and/or broader supporting ecosystem
- Leverage Digital Selling tactics to optimize outbound prospecting (e.g. Linkedin Sales Navigator)
- Challenge yourself to build upon key competencies in preparation for your future career growth at Rockwell Automation
- Ability to manage adversity and consult prospects who may not recognize a need or pain yet
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients
- Partner with cross functional groups such as Global Sales & Marketing selling resources, Deal Desk, Customer Success, Channel, and Operations/Enablement to identify areas of success and growth
- Develop and manage an accurate sales forecast and pipeline of PTC IoT and AR Software.
- Provide input into customer proposals and requests for information. Sales is responsible for the proposal. We don't generate it, but ensure its pulled together.
- Assist in the development of project scope and ROI analysis. Utilize value selling techniques to quantify project ROI and structure commercial deals accordingly.
- Provide formal regular status reports to sales management which include forecast, pipeline and activity summary information. Monitor & report revenue and pipeline results weekly via CRM tool for assigned Verticals or Geographies to ensure performance goals are met.
- Develop strong business & financial knowledge of PTC IoT and AR offering and its impact on potential business.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4+ years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Software/SaaS experience
- Energetic, Enthusiastic, Motivated Self-Starter
- Typically requires as least 2+years related experience
- Preferred Application Experience:
- PTC Thingworx, PTC Vuforia preferred. Knowledge of IoT and AR are a minimum requirement.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Solution and Value Selling/Positioning Skills
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Creativity
- Drive and Strong Desire for Success, Welcomes Challenges
- Action Oriented, Resourceful, Strong at Time Management
- Highly Professional Demeanor, Customer First Mindset
- Demonstrated Capacity and Strong Willingness to Learn and Develop
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Austin - Texas, Boston - Massachusetts, Cleveland - Ohio, Dallas - Texas, Denver - Colorado, Nashville - Tennessee, New York - New Jersey, Raleigh - North Carolina, San Francisco - California, Seattle - Washington
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).