System Validation Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Aug 19, 2020
Role Number: 200187325
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking a highly motivated, energetic System Architect to lead and drive system technical designs and roadmaps. You will oversee and analyze key system architectural and implementation trade-offs such as power and performance in a thermally constrained system, analyzing silicon, PCB, and interconnect floor plans while taking SI, EMC and RF into consideration, and system power states and power budget analysis.
- Deep expertise in Consumer Electronics will empower you to succeed on your team, and your dedication to quality will help ensure our product is able to surprise and delight countless Apple customers
- Great system architecture fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of how data flows in a system and you've developed an intuition on product definition and can apply it to new features because you understand what matters and how to build it
- Must have great analytical skills to lead the team on key systems engineering architectural and implementation trade-offs on high performance, low power, and high quality products
- Familiarity on actual product lifecycle from specification to launch.
- Must have architecture validation experience which extends to the whole system (HW and SW).
- Comfortable with signal and image processing fundamentals to be able to create functional models of the system (in C/C++/SystemC).
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
- 10+ years work experience
In this role it is required that you have strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills in addition to being comfortable with working through ambiguities. You will have the opportunity to mentor other engineers for the best standards, methodologies, and practices in systems development. Other responsibilities include: - Drive validation plan and execution to ensure system architecture / design is meeting the specifications. - Work with cross-functional engineering managers and architects on hardware and software-enabling technologies - Define, simulate, and model product performance vs. power (performance per watt) - Develop functional models (i.e. golden model) of the system to deliver specification in an executable fashion. - Build internal and external system specifications - Analyze system performance through system level modeling or analytically. - Specify, negotiate, and document system power management and user level
behaviors - Join hands-on prototype bring-up and debugging efforts - Review, influence and challenge system performance decisions with new ideas based on the modeled / measured data - Creatively influence product roadmaps across groups
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in electrical engineering or computer engineering