GNSS RF Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Aug 20, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200186932
We have built the best GNSS hardware design team in the world. Are you a hardworking individual wanting to join a team as a GNSS RF System Engineer? At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the outstanding and great opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day. Apple's RF Systems Engineering team is looking for a hardworking, independent engineer with a proven track record in the area of transceiver systems engineering. Our world-class team crafts the mobile market with forward-thinking concepts while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality. Come and deliver leading-edge GNSS receivers' architectures and solutions for Apple's wireless products that enable an outstanding customer experience!
- We would like you to have 7+ years of proven experience in RF, including receiver system architecture design.
- You have expertise in RF System concepts and procedures for wireless systems like calibrations, in analyzing receiver chains from antenna to BB I/F and in translating top level requirements into specification items for transceiver building blocks and RF components (e.g. LNA, Mixer, PLL, ADC and Filters).
- In-depth knowledge of wireless radio standards (Connectivity, Cellular or GNSS), regulatory including their implications on system specifications.
- You can immediately identify critical requirements and assess the impact on the RX system
- You have experience in RF performance criteria and concepts such as EIRP, AGC, noise figure, sensitivity/de-Sense, phase noise, EVM, spectral mask, spurious, harmonics, intermodulation, s-parameters, Smith charts, and tuning networks.
- You have strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are important to have.
In this role, you will be part of the best-in-class GNSS RF-System Team. You will work closely with Platform Architecture, RF design teams and PHY team to assess, design and drive RF Systems innovations with focus on leading-edge performance under real-life conditions and clear differentiation from other competitors. Your daily work includes the following tasks: - Translate system level- and performance requirements into requirements for the RX system including the breakdown to block level and component level - Break-down system requirements intro requirements for sub blocks in the line up - Run Static analysis for specific scenarios chosen according to the ERS defined by platform architecture team - Select, simulate and specify the GNSS RFFE depending on static and dynamic characteristics of the GNSS system - Drive the further development of the simulation environment and modeling - Prepare specifications as input for RFIC design team and FW team - Analyze the receiver chain by means of simulations (e.g. MATLAB, ADS) and level plan analysis Identify and analyze critical requirements, and provide investigate assessments with respect to critical metric impact, timeline and risks - Solve sophisticated and interdisciplinary problems that are related to the GNSS receive system. - Drive the alignment of requirements, design targets and design trade-offs with other teams like HW design and SW engineering. - Bring up the RF System in lab, run the procedures which were defined by you, check its correctness and come up with solutions/workarounds when needed
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is required. Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is preferred.