Senior Solutions Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 21, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200187279
Do you love crafting elegant solutions to complex challenges? Can you see the importance of every detail? The Apple Cloud Platform organization enables our engineers to deliver incredible experiences to customers. Join this team and you'll collaborate with engineers across Apple to make these products. Unlike a traditional Solutions Architect role, this position does not require any domestic or international travel.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in an organization
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in at-scale infrastructure design and deployment with a focus on distributed systems
- Ability to lead discussions around complex solution design tradeoffs and drive conflict resolution
- Understanding of the challenges that developers face when deploying cloud-native or migrating large applications on modern cloud infrastructure
In this role, you'll help our teams by mapping out solutions to some of their complex technical challenges. You'll provide direction, mitigate risk and offer solutions tailored for their business needs. From migrations of existing workloads to building advanced cloud-native solutions, you'll help shape and execute to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and meet utilization targets. You bring a balance of technical depth and interpersonal skills to drive collaboration and coordinate with partners throughout the organization. You'll work closely with engineering, infrastructure, platform, and SRE teams to align on architecture and operations. You bring focus to and support the decisions that matter when utilizing the cloud computing services.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent related experience. Advanced Degree preferred.
- - Experience leading all aspects of an engagement with customer organizations
- - Experience with CloudNative architectures and technologies
- - Project and risk management skills