RN Case Manager, Full-Time
Willamette Valley Hospice
Willamette Valley Hospice is a non-profit business that helps families through one of the most difficult times of their lives – losing a loved one. The comfort, compassion, teaching, and empowerment you provide as an RN Case Manager can help hospice patients and their families make the most of their time left together. We’re looking for hospice nurses that want to use their passion and expertise as part of a team to provide the best care possible for hospice patients. The successful candidate will be available full-time, (40 hrs) Monday through Friday with occasional on-call hours.
- Fully use your professional skills and training, including critical thinking, teaching and assessment skills as you provide services to patients, families and caregivers in their own homes and facilities
- Use your teaching skills to empower family caregivers as you guide them through the end of life journey and help them identify their options for care to optimize quality of life
- Coordinate the care of hospice patients, working as part of an interdisciplinary team to meet the holistic needs of the patient and their family/caregivers
- Provide caring, professional nursing services to hospice patients as indicated by the plan of care you develop with the interdisciplinary team
- Perform initial and ongoing assessments of patients, developing and revising the plan of care as needed
- Provide timely documentation and communication of assessments, planning and interventions
- Manage your own daily schedule working within the guidelines of agency policy and hospice regulatory requirements
- Current Oregon RN license is a must.
- Minimum one year of recent clinical experience as RN.
- Two years of hospice, oncology and/or home health experience preferred
- Prefer certification as Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Possess excellent clinical nursing skills, superior ability to problem-solve, and commitment to continued learning and skill improvement
- Must be willing to work in a variety of patient settings: care facilities, hospitals, patient homes, as well as work out of the WVH office when necessary
- Ability to excel in high-stress situations and manage multiple priorities
- Computer competency and electronic medical recording keeping experience
- Ability to regularly walk bend, stoop, kneel, push, pull, grasp, reach, handle, and lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Current Oregon driver’s license, dependable transportation, and proof of current automobile insurance
- Must be able and willing to drive own vehicle to and from patient locations
Our Commitment to Our Full-Time Staff
- Health and Life benefits
- 401k Plan
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive, 4-6 week orientation
- A challenging and rewarding career with autonomy and flexibility
- Ongoing education and support
Willamette Valley Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals who are legally eligible to work are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Click the link in this posting to upload your resume as a first step.