Senior Engineering Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Aug 24, 2020
Role Number: 200186824
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you seeking to push the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you'll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you'll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Our Engineering Team is responsible for architecting, specifying, and realizing advanced electromechanical test and automation apparatus. You will be a key technical contributor and will utilize your indepth electrical engineering skills to help realize state of the art test apparatus to enable the next generation test systems.
- Ability to read circuit diagrams and schematics with analog, digital and power electronics
- Skilled in board level soldering of micro-components and wire harness assemblies
- Ability to communicate well with multi-functional and multi-disciplinary team members and collaborate efficiently to achieve project goals
- Experience with support of electrical design engineers in any of these areas is considered a plus: new product design, schematics capture tools, programming scripts in Python or other languages, test and production fixtures, metrology equipment, electro-mechanical systems, automation equipment, robotics, factory automation, consumer electronics, medical devices design, automotive assemblies, injection molding or consumer appliances with tight tolerances.
- Work closely with internal electrical, mechanical and software engineers to develop custom equipment - Bring up new equipment prototypes, solve and diagnose issues at component level and provide root cause analysis - Use precision electrical instruments to configure and run complex measurement setups and acquire engineering data - Create and execute detailed procedures to test newly developed equipment - Assemble and maintain electrical and mechanical test fixtures to facilitate product testing - Validate and verify that products meet specifications like performance, stability, quality, repeatability and reliability - Work with various electrical and mechanical lab equipment to collect and analyze engineering data - Maintain and support an engineering lab
Education & Experience
AS/BS in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or related