Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for the completion of set processes and protocols. Assists Primary Care Teams with monitoring patients in care management or the referral process. The Medical Assistant interacts with other team members concerning patient needs identified during the course of day-to-day activities. May adapt procedures, processes and techniques to meet the moderately complex requirements of the position.
- Follow up to ensure patients arrive for post hospital visits.
- Monitors chronic disease and high-risk patients to ensure Primary Care Physician visits are kept.
- Reviews daily patient load to identify any patients on case management or in need of Health Risk Screening.
- Closes visit to ensure patient received referral along with referral instructions.
- Monitors extended benefits as directed by RN or RN Supervisor.
- Handles patient follow up such as Rx refills and patient questions with Primary Care Physicians.
- Completes office procedures in alignment with skill sets.
- Notifies RN or RN Supervisor about patient problems or complaints.
- Enter referrals and appointments into IDX.
- Assists in gathering information for referrals and care plans.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program, including fresh graduates or 3+ years of military medical experience
- CPR certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client or patient sites within a designated area
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Minimum one-year MA experience in an ambulatory care setting
- Experience in primary care or specialty care such as pediatrics, pain management, cardiology, urology, orthopedics, oncology, senior care, obgyn, urgent care
- Willing to travel to various OptumCare NV clinic locations as needed
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Office Laboratory Assistant (OLA) certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: medical assistant, MA, Las Vegas, EMR, CPR, OLA, Office Laboratory Assistance, Spanish, urgent care, primary care, pediatrics, cardiology, allergy, asthma, pain management, urology, obgyn, clinic, NV, Nevada, MALCDCBDriver2019