Sodexo currently has a job opportunity for a Human Resource Manager to join our Human Resource team at Sharp Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa, CA. The Human Resource Manager will be part of a team which directs, leads and develops the Human Resource function at this account. This unit has around 300 hourly paid employees with a mix of environmental services, nutrition and food service staff.
Human Resource Manager Job Responsibilities Include:
- Works closely with on-site managers to ensure compliance with Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs.
- Execution of all Sodexo and Hospital required HR reporting.
- Maintains employee files ensuring compliance with hospital and Sodexo standards.
- Oversees Employee Relations, Union grievances, Employee retention.
- Addressing all Sodexo employee relations situations.
- Interacts with the client Hospital Human Resource team as necessary.
- Responsible for all unit level recruitment including job posting and interviewing.
- Facilitates all required Sodexo HR training programs including New Employee Onboarding.
- Lead other human resource initiatives for the unit.
- Other HR activities as needed.
If you have the following skillset, then we would love to hear from you:
- Human Resources experience working in a similar sized and type of industry; union experience preferred.
- Ability to lead HR practices and objectives.
- Ability to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity standards, goal attainment.
- Ability to support and promote ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Strong attention to details as well as ability to be successful in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Computer literate in all MS Office products.
- Knowledgeable of California state and federal HR policies and laws.
- Skilled in the area of labor and employee relations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Professional communication skills.
Ability to speak Spanish will assist in managing the workforce.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day. #LI
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter
page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.