Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. This is a telecommute / work at home role.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre - employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
Our Care Navigators have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
- Completes telephonic outreach to DSNP members utilizing autodialer and manual dialing
- Educates member on gaps in care and assists with scheduling provider appointments
- Assists members with social determinants of health and links to community resources
- Ensures member has access to PCP
- Identifies gaps in care and assists in closure of gaps
- Outreaches members on caseload consistent with program guidelines
- Consistently meets metrics, both quality & performance
- Provides excellent customer service to both members and providers
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good attendance
- Maintains confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including HIPAA.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.