Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Drives and coordinates daily activities of production process. Removes production constraints, allocates human and equipment resources, and directs production employees to attain all production goals. Actively participates in root cause and corrective action implementation to remove production constraints and continuously improve product quality and efficiency of production.
* Recommend potential projects/solutions/actions to the production manager to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department.
* Manage an effective 5S continual improvement system for the production areas.
* Review, write, interpret, and train others on documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Must measure and report the effectiveness of the production department goals and activities using the KPI board.
* Must work with CIP in the development of SOPs for all operations in production department.
* Responsible for production achievement for daily attainment and delivery.
* Must continually adjust resources within the production department to meet set cost standards such as measuring and effectively improving batches per day (BPD).
* Must effectively manage employees in production to drive production goals and meet/exceed performance expectations.
* Must embrace the culture of Lean, including maintaining daily communication boards.
* Work closely with scheduling department to effective load the production equipment.
* Provide effective employee leadership through ongoing mentoring, coaching, performance management and training.
* 2-7 years manufacturing management/leadership experience with responsibility for an entire shift.
* Knowledge of paint or chemical processing is desirable.
* Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills
* Lean Manufacturing skills
* Professional demeanor, leads by example, and is self-motivated
* Proven results through the development of team implemented cost reduction and continuous improvement programs.
* Proven problem solving and excellent communication skills are required. Prefer experience with SAP ERP.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Ability to work a Flexible schedule
See Job Description