Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture.
Sodexo Government Services is seeking a dynamic, creative, and experienced Catering Manager 2 to fill a key leadership role in establishing and maintaining an exceptionally high level of catering execution for a high-profile account with a government agency located in Fort George Meade, MD. Only the highest caliber individuals qualify for these selected positions. Fort George Meade is located in Maryland, midway between the cities of Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington, DC.
Position contingent upon obtaining a security clearance from the United States government based on a federal background investigation, which will include a polygraph.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicant must complete and submit the Standard Form (SF) 86.
The successful candidate will:
- have formal training in catering services, with particular emphasis on guest service, event planning, presentation, and event management;
- raise the level of the catering experience to our customers; .
- possess high volume, high profile Presidential-level catering experience with precise attention to detail and exceptional service;
- continuously train staff on set-ups, food presentation, and different levels of service that can be offered;
- have the ability to build and mentor a solid catering team who share the same level of commitment and passion to catering;
- display quality presentation, customer service, and professionalism;
- work with customers to plan and cost menus and generate the BEOs (banquet event orders) for all events;
- manage all catered events from simple breakfast and lunch set-ups and deliveries to high-end, seated, plated and coursed lunches and dinners, to large picnic/buffet events for several thousand;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid), staff who are dedicated to the catering department;
- increase catering sales using innovation, marketing and promotions;
- assist in other areas of the food service operation when catering business is slower; and/or
- track all catered events in the CaterTrax software system, which will encompass ordering and invoicing.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a ServSafe certification;
- a valid driver's license;
- demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- excellent event execution/planning skills, and is visionary regarding food presentation;
- excellent client/customer, guest, and employee relations skills as well as stellar verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to work independently and collaboratively with managers, to execute the daily operational goals of the catering department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, training, and developing employees;
- ability to cost out and write menus for clients;
- excellent time management skills and the drive to get the job done with excellence in a timely manner;
- the foresight to anticipate problems that may affect customer experience and financial outcomes and the flexibility to quickly correct them with little or no impact to customer relations or the operation.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards