Payments Software Engineer, Apple Pay
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 27, 2020
Role Number: 200188765
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay Payments Engineering is the place to be if you are passionate about working on awesome technology that impacts our millions of users daily. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide variety of interesting projects. We would love to hear from you if you're enthusiastic, highly motivated, and want to make an impact! Be a part of an innovative impactful team making a difference.
- Minimum 7+ years of exceptional Java programming experience
- Experience/Knowledge working on highly scalable applications and RESTful web services
- Knowledge of databases both SQL and NoSQL and entity relationship modeling
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues
- Strong Computer Science background
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
- Experience working in payments or financial services industry is a plus
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer within the Apple Pay Payments Engineering team. You will be highly self-motivated and passionate about the challenges of building large scale systems and features used by hundreds of millions of users. You should be a collaborative teammate and have excellent communication and presentation skills. Job functions include: - Designing and developing highly reliable, scalable server platforms with attention to detail - Drive independently a project from inception to production deployment with a strong focus on performance and robustness - Follow our software development process including writing unit tests, perform code reviews etc. - Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly - Work effectively with cross-functional teams to develop features - Provide support for production deployments - Demonstrate ability to deliver results on time with high quality
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred.