Summary & Description
By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations where we hire these roles in the United States.
The sales engineering role is a critical link between Rockwell Automation and our customers. Sales internships are the first step to a career as a sales engineer. The sales intern will be responsible for a focused customer facing, sales-related activity that may include launching new products, introducing Rockwell Automation software tools, conducting technology updates, etc. The sales intern will provide product demonstrations, presentations, and meet directly with customers. The sales intern will follow a discipline selling process by identifying targets, making sales calls, and by tracking and organizing customer input and feedback. As a sales intern, you will be trained extensively so you can consult our customers on the proper application of the appropriate solution based on your area of focus.
Sales interns need to become thorough familiar with company policies and procedures and appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Multi-disciplinary, continuous learner
- Informed decision making, critical thinking
- Ability to communicate technical concepts
- Adaptable communication
- Demonstrated leadership and influence
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Completed at least sophomore year of college
- Preference given to students met on campus, at a national recruiting event, through a Rockwell Automation-hosted event or a targeted recruiting campaign
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Software or Computer Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain, Business or have a previous Rockwell internship
- Willingness to relocate and have personal vehicle to use to travel to customers
- Individuals who have demonstrated record of technical competence, interpersonal skills, leadership ability, and a strong desire for achievement.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).