This position is responsible for the overall leadership and management the Remanufacturing Operations team in Mequon, WI and our Production Facility in Middleton, WI. Directly reporting to this position is 4 people managers and will indirectly support production workforce of approximately 75 employees. This role is responsible for driving Operations Excellence and accountability in safety, quality, delivery, and financial performance, this position develops and manages service strategies in support of future, current, and legacy products. Working in a team environment consisting of Business Unit Product Development, Operations Engineering Services, Asset Management and Reliability, and Customer Service the position focuses on continuous improvement of the essentials of customer experience: product quality, reliability, and on-time delivery. The position has leadership responsibilities to drive a lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement culture leading to quality improvements, cycle time reductions, safety improvements, cost and waste reductions, inventory optimization, supplier development and on-time shipping performance.
- Serve multiple global business partners as a Center of Excellence in providing technical guidance and process direction.
- Define methodologies and approaches to serving and fulfilling unique and challenging customer related opportunities, requirements, and expectations in product service.
- Network with Business Unit Product Development, Operations Engineering Services, Asset Management and Reliability, and Customer Service teams in demanding and challenging professional environments.
- Demonstrated excellence of influencing skills and the ability to communicate across a broad range of cultures, functional areas, and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify, establish, and foster strong working relationships at all organizational levels.
- Develop and maintain a professional working environment that fosters open and honest communication, and fair and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Create a working environment that is based on employee engagement, employee empowerment, and continuous improvement that ensures the highest in business ethics principles and operating disciplines.
- Drive policy deployment for area including Key Performance Indicator charts, action plans and countermeasures.
- Develop, implement, and sustain productivity project as required to support annual cost reduction targets.
- Team with finance manager to prepare facilities Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Monthly Performance Review (MPR) and ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Manage the financial performance and take appropriate steps to correct shortfalls.
- Collaborate with business product manager to prepare and load volume forecast in SAP and AOP.
- Prepare and present Monthly Operations Review (MOR).
- Lead CI activities and ROS initiatives. Capture and report facility's productivity savings into Lean Tracking Database.
- Develop metrics that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Develop and direct product service data collection, analysis, and distribution for use by internal and external customers.
- Develop and direct inventory planning, procurement, accuracy, and stocking strategies designed to support general manufacturing and specific customer requirements.
- Develop and implement volume forecasting models that proactively drive capacity planning.
- Strategize, develop, and implement product and facility mapping to optimize manufacturing footprints.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Previous management experience of other managers
- 5 year's experience managing in a manufacturing environment
- APICs certification
- Materials experience
Operations & Engineering Services
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).