MANAGER, FINANCE FP & A
The ABC Owned Television Station, KFSN-Fresno CA, is seeking a Manager, Finance. This person will partner with the local leadership team to deliver on the strategic, financial and operational goals for the station. The Manager will lead the financial planning process for KFSN and create business analyses to support decision-making for station initiatives, news coverage and story needs. The successful candidate is a production savvy, financial guru that can take data and translate it into sound business recommendations to enable KFSN leadership to make nimble, actionable decisions. The ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with multiple Business Partners will be critical to success.
- Support the day to day financial operation of the KFSN station
- Analyze all aspects of spending patterns to identify opportunities for efficiency and cost control
- Prepare reports on financial performance, forecast, and budget to communicate performance to Business Partners
- Provide insight on trends and financial history to Business Partners in order to enable informed decision making.
- Partner with other OTV station finance teams as well as the Division finance team to identify and establish best practice and consistent analyses
- Own and prepare the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan, forecasts, monthly & weekly reviews and other ad hoc reporting
- Develop and track KPI’s for editorial and operations by creating processes to instill a culture of proactive cost discipline
- Collaborate with the station leaders to create and manage budgets
- Champion a culture of creativity, collaboration, diversity, and innovation
- Be an essential resource for the Business Partners; an integral part of the decision making team
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, ideally past experience leading / mentoring staff.
- Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills.
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please apply online at or send your resume to
KFSN-TV, Human Resources, Dept. 20-MFP, 1777 G Street, Fresno, CA 93706.
KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.