POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Sales & Service Representative is responsible for providing efficient, professional and quality customer service. This position is also responsible for selling and cross-selling bank products and services. Additionally this position must deliver a high level of service by opening and closing deposit accounts, directing customer service issues, and handling client transactions. This position is also part of the team helping the Banking Center achieve their sales goals.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
• Minimum 2 years banking, retail sales or demonstrated customer service experience required.
• Basic computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet applications.
• NMLS Registration may be required*
• English/Spanish speaking and reading ability preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for comprehensive, prompt, and efficient client transactions. Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into Horizon system.
• Greet all clients as soon as they enter the banking center and work to develop a strong banking relationship with regular clients.
• Balances cash drawer each day, meeting Republic’s standard of performance.
• Sell Republic’s products and services.
• Performs SSR transaction overrides & makes hold decisions
• Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments, ensures the payments match balances due and enter payment into Horizon system.
• Takes outgoing wire transfer requests; processes cash advances; cashes checks & processes withdrawals; opens & records the night drop deposit transactions; balancing ATM; researches necessary information upon client’s request while following all security procedures for the banking center.
• Open and close all types of deposit accounts (checking, savings, CD’s) both business and personal, following all bank policies and procedures.
• Monitor activity of all new accounts, to ensure all cross sales have been properly activated and on-boarding is followed and completed.
• Adhere to Bank’s new client on boarding process and procedures.
• Actively work calling lists of existing clients to cross sell for other products or expanded relationships, including retention of existing accounts.
• Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities and actively learn new regulations and assist in the implementation, if required.
• Model and foster behaviors that support the Bank’s values and corporate culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to the organization.
• Willingly perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Must use active listening skills to be able to uncover client opportunities for additional products and services.
• Must be self motivated and able to work in a team environment.
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Travel between Republic Banking facilities is required.
• Reliable transportation is required.
• Limited out-of-town travel is required for training purposes for those outside of the Louisville Market.
• Requires a flexible work schedule that will include some evening and weekend work.
• Stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
*This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment. This requirement applies to markets outside of Louisville and Central Kentucky only. If it is determined that an SSR will need an NMLS, the required training must be successfully completed prior to the establishment of the NMLS.