Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast growing environment.
Training classes start soon - apply today!
The world is a more interesting place when you can see it through someone elses eyes. Bring your empathy and compassion to a role that will bring out your best everyday. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, can provide you with some of the best training and tools in the world to help build relationships and serve our existing and new customers. Youll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, youll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity. Join us and discover how you can take your career to a new level.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6:55 am - 10:00pm CST. As a new hire, you may be required to work a shift of 1:30pm -10:00 pm CST.
It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 6200 Northwest Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78249
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care, guiding them on topics such as selecting the best benefit plan options, maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctors offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and guiding them towards becoming self-sufficient in using these tools
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Youll be spending long periods of time on the phone and called on to research complex issues pertaining to the callers health, status and potential plan options. To do this, youll need to navigate across multiple databases which require fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR Equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service experience
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your lifes best work.SM
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your lifes best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, advocate
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/