Autonomy Safety Systems Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 1, 2020
Role Number: 200189299
In this role, you will help develop methods and tools to monitor and run the safety of complex software and hardware systems and will need to think broadly, connecting ideas across multiple domains: design, machine learning, functional safety - to name a few. You will structure these ideas into robust designs, expressed as rigorous requirements and will work with domain experts to turn these designs into internal software products that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable, and will see them through implementation and validation. You will use a variety of testing methodologies to ensure the quality of your products meets the high standards expected by the team and will be expected to view problems from multiple perspectives and at different levels of abstraction, and to tackle them methodically and exhaustively. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Experience with designing and delivering complex software systems, preferably in safety-critical applications
- Experience with rigorous requirements management
- Experience with functional safety analysis and related standards
- Experience with fault detection and fault protection systems
- Excellent communication skills
- A history of driving projects through the entire development lifecycle
As an Autonomy Safety Systems Engineer, you will lead the design of the systems which ensure that the autonomous products we develop meet our high standards for safety and performance. - You will design methods and tools for monitoring and ensuring the safety of complex software and hardware systems - You will express these designs as well-managed requirements and trace them through implementation and validation - You will communicate your work clearly and effectively to technical audiences
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Robotics or a related field Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.