Senior Platform Architect, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 31, 2020
Role Number: 200188513
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms engineering team takes a customer-centric approach to building advertising products, platforms and algorithms that are secure, innovative and preserve our customers' privacy. Engineering, Operations and Product Excellence are the three key pillars for our team. We are looking for a seasoned Senior Architect who can work with key stakeholders within the organization to drive the technology strategy for Shared Services and Capabilities.
- Extraordinary ability to architect distributed systems and develop enterprise-level technology roadmaps at a global scale
- Hands-on experience with REST services, API platforms, data platforms, ML-backed applications and ML development platforms
- Extensive expertise with event-based distributed systems
- Proven proficiency with Microservices, CI/CD, Container orchestration
- Worked with Hybrid Cloud Architecture and managed services
- Strong ability in designing and delivering Shared services and reusable components
- Deep expertise in Java, Springboot, Kubernetes, Docker, API gateway
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail for documenting and reviewing designs
- Drives decisions that result in scalable, resilient, reliable, consistent, and elegantly simple solutions
- Designs with uncompromising focus on security and privacy
- Has designed ultra-low latency systems with graceful degradation characteristics, resilience, and reliability
- Experience in public / private / hybrid cloud infrastructures and managed services
- Passion for mentoring and developing technical talent, and creating an atmosphere for technical excellence that attracts top talent
The ideal candidate for Senior Platform Architect will come from the ranks of the industry's most senior and experienced engineers. They will possess extraordinary capabilities ranging from high-level vision to low-level implementation. The Senior Architect will work across engineering, product teams, and domains to influence thinking and set the direction for our system's future. In this role they will provide significant, direct and high-quality contributions to the system architecture, designs, and implementations that maintain and extend our ability to deliver for the business as scope, complexity, and scale increase. Responsibilities include defining, driving and championing architecture standards patterns and best practices, and advising product, SRE, engineering leads and quality engineers on the alignment of solution implementations to conform to evolving standards. They will be an active participant in the Apple-wide architecture community, seeking opportunities to collaborate, identify areas where technologies overlap, coordinate reuse and contribute where there are gaps. Success will rely upon more than deep technical expertise; skillful advocacy and persuasion, exceptional interpersonal skills, multi-level partnering and an ability to understand and navigate the cultural and 'people' dynamics of the organization are all critical.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.