Title: Director of Economic and Workforce Development
Employee Group: Management Staff Non-Exempt
Location: Auburn Hills Campus - Auburn Hills, MI
Department: Academic Affairs
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 13, 2020 at 11:59pm
Shift Days: Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Salary Range: $68,948 - $80,384
Summary of Purpose:
Provides administrative management and leadership for assigned Economic and Workforce Development (EWD) areas within the college in collaboration with other staff, consistent with College policies and procedures. The Director is responsible for leadership, development, management, and marketing of education, training, and other services. This position is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required:
- Develops and implements short- and long-range business and marketing plans with annual operational initiatives, objectives, procedures, timelines and performance criteria related to assigned programs.
- Provides administrative leadership to nurture partnerships/relationships with business and industry, funding agencies, K-12 schools, other M-TECs and other training providers, as assigned.
- Grows and develops associated EWD/M-TEC testing and certification activities.
- Leads professional staff in internal and external processes for scheduling of courses, programs, faculty, trainers, and facilities and integrates activities with related institutional departments and external clients as appropriate.
- Assumes a primary leadership role in growing EWD in enrollments, programs, partners and sustainability.
- Recommends, selects, and evaluates staff; provides professional development.
- Leads in development and facilitation of teamwork among all staff; functions as team leader and team member to meet the objectives of the EWD area.
- Provides direct supervision of full- and part-time staff within assigned programs.
- Promotes continuum of learning (both credit and non-credit) and collaborates within division and across College to maximize potential benefits for students, customers, community, and OCC in workforce, community, and continuing education.
- Represents the College and EWD within the community and to employers, governmental entities, and other audiences.
- Provides primary leadership for development, implementation, management, and evaluation of any other current or new programs as assigned.
- Collaborates with other College units, divisions, and departments on operations and curriculum.
- Supports integration of instructional technology into EWD curriculum.
- Recommends and controls EWD program budget.
- Maintains effective information systems and provides activity reports and fiscal forecasts as required or requested for assigned programs.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with College policies, procedures, and master agreements as well as applicable state, federal, or other agency accreditation, licensure, registration, and/or certification requirements for all assigned programs.
- Develops, plans, and proposes procedures to operate assigned EWD programs in a cost-effective, entrepreneurial way while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Collaborates to writes and administers grants as appropriate.
- Provides administrative leadership for the overall management of M-TEC facilities and equipment.
- Assists in ensuring the safety and security of College owned or leased facilities and equipment related to WCE programs.
- Assists, where appropriate, in the planning and development of the physical and educational specifications of facilities.
- Serves on College committees, as assigned.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Knowledge of workforce training, trends and issues
- Good listening skills
- Ability to work responsively in stressful situation
- Exhibits initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Ability to promote use of technology for training
Minimum Education and Experience Requirement:
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Five years’ experience in a leadership, managerial or supervisory position required. Prior experience in manufacturing, technology or training management preferred. Experience with responsibility for management of training programs, community college customized training, program evaluation, or curriculum development and instructional design preferred.
Required Documents Message:
Cover Letter, Resume