This position performs a wide variety of professional and analytical compensation duties to support attracting and retaining qualified employees via sound compensation plans and practices.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Administers the medical centers wage and salary program according to medical center policy ensuring sound compensation management practices and adherence to policy.
- Works with leaders in developing and/or revising job descriptions to include job content, minimum qualifications and licensure requirements in order to effectively develop, evaluate and classify positions within the organization.
- Analyzes market data utilizing third party surveys and internal comparative data to determine appropriate position classification and salary level. Recommends appropriate classification and salary level based on reliable data and sound compensation theory.
- Participates in a broad range of salary surveys to ensure enough data to assess organizations competitive standing.
- Reviews survey results and independently develops recommendations for market adjustments. Determines cost projections for current and subsequent years for management review and approval.
- Develops projections and modeling scenarios for salaries, retention, and bonus programs.
- Oversees the medical centers merit program for both staff and leadership. Develops action plan for the timely planning and implementation of merit adjustments.
- Assists in the development and implementation of variable pay programs.
- Develops compensation policies that ensure the organization is in compliance with all applicable Federal and State Wage and Hour laws.
- Maintains position control information for the budget. Works with Finance to reconcile changes throughout the year. Uploads the new position control budget at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related.
- Three years of professional human resource experience involving classification and compensation, job analysis, job evaluation, or salary administration.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.