Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible.We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
As Scrum Master for Rockwell Automation, you will have responsibility for 1-2 agile teams working in conjunction with multiple new product development teams. These global, cross-functional teams develop and deliver hardware and embedded software to bring our industrial automation product roadmaps to life. You will help these hardware teams adopt agile principles, specifically the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) frame.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who helps the team self-organize, self-manage, and achieve its goals via effective Agile and Lean practices. The Scrum Master understands and effectively applies and coaches Agile and Lean principles within SAFe and creates and maintains an environment for continuous learning and relentless improvement. This role helps the agile team coordinate dependencies with other teams and communicates status of these dependencies as needed. The position collaborates with other agile teams to identify, promote, and adopt best practices and lessons learned to optimize team and program performance.
When you join our engineering group, you become part of a team that believes in knowledge sharing and collaboration and that is committed to using reliable and well-thought-out engineering practices and technology to overcome any challenges. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop and take on increased scope and responsibility.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of technical backgrounds and opinions by fostering a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty, and respect.
- Guide teams toward objectives, goals, and continuous improvement, initiate and foster collaboration, communication, and team building
- Work to remove impediments in the organization so that the team can remain focused on achieving its goals, facilitate team and program improvement
- Help ensure the team follows Agile best practices and product development processes
- Help the team achieve and improve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
- Facilitate Agile and SAFe rituals including Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, mid-Sprint review, Demo, Retrospective, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Coordinate solution implementation and delivery with other Scrum Masters and external teams
- Effective and timely communication to all levels of the organization, including progress tracking and reporting
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team and program see how they are doing
- Balance changes in direction or requirements while protecting the team so the team can achieve committed objectives
- Collaborate with Product Owners to ensure team execution and performance are aligned with business objectives - near and long-term
- Coordinates team efforts under architectural and portfolio governance
- Collaborates with an engineering manager to build an agile culture in teams
- Fosters a high-performing team by focusing on ever-improving team dynamics and performance
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar Engineering Technology degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with electronic hardware development or project management of electronic hardware product development lifecycle
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an Agile development environment
- In depth knowledge of SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, and agile concepts
- Experience with application lifecycle management software, like Jira/Confluence, RTC, or VersionOne
- Experience in a technical leadership role showing ability to lead multiple product development teams, partner with management, and lead indirect resources
- Experience working across multiple geographic locations
- Advanced training or certifications in SAFe, PMI/PMP, Lean Six Sigma, Business Administration, Management, Operations, or Project Engineering
- Knowledge of or experience with Rockwell Automation products or other industrial control equipment
Architecture and Software
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).