The Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-Cyber Ops) Summer Program is the National Security Agency's (NSA) premier internship program for students enrolled in the Cyber Operations specialization at NSA-designated universities.
Participants complete a 12-week summer program in Hawaii to gain knowledge of specific cyber-related topics and apply educational knowledge to real-world, mission-realted technical challenges. Participants in the program will work on a broad range of problems involving computer science and engineering.
As a participant in the program, you will gain outstanding experience, such as:
- You will learn about NSA's mission and work on problems of national importance.
- You will gain a deep understanding of the vital role that computer science and engineering play in enabling NSA to tackle a diverse set of technical challenges.
- You will be exposed to the broad scope of cyber studies and careers.
- You will get the opportunity to provide solutions to curren operational problems.
As an added bonus, this position is in Hawaii, so you will spend the summer in a tropical paradise unlike anything you can find stateside.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- You are paid a competitive salary commensureate with your education level.
- You receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
- You may participate in agency-wide extracurricular programs.
**PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Hawaii. If you do not currently reside in Hawaii and are selected for this internship, transportation to and from Hawaii, as well as housing and transportation to and from work will be at the expense of the selectee.
How To Apply - External
Applications must be submitted on or before 31 October. Applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete packages, will not be considered.
To be considered for the Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-Cyber Ops) Summer Program, applicants must submit the following:
- An online application through www.intelligencecareers.gov/nsa
- Official transcript (unofficial is acceptable if legible), which must be emailed to (see application details)l.
Applications are not complete without transcripts. Your transcripts must be emailed to (see application details)l by 31 October to be considered.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.