Executive Director or Management Agent
The Clinton (MA) Housing Authority is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Executive Director. The agency is also willing to accept proposals from other LHA's acting in the capacity of a management agency. The Executive Director is responsible for the management of 135 State Chapter 667 public housing units, 34 units of State Chapter 200 housing, 8 units of Chapter 689 housing, 8 MRVP and 100 Federal family housing. The candidate must be familiar with both Commonwealth of Massachusetts Housing (DHCD) Requirements and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Federal Housing Program.
1. Five (5) years in a significant supervisory or management capacity at a public housing authority or other similar experience. The preferred candidate must have demonstrated ability to successfully manage a staff of three (3) or more for at least one (1) year.
2. Working knowledge of fiscal management, including grant procurement, maintenance systems, personnel, and administrative management systems in public or private housing.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven leadership ability, and skills necessary to provide management consultation, guidance and advise to officials on a broad range of public housing programs.
4. Possess a Public Housing Managers (PHM) from an accredited organization recognized by HUD or DHCD or obtain within one (1) year of employment.
5. MCPPO certification preferred.
6. Also, must be bondable.
7. Demonstrate sensitivity to the problems and concerns of resident groups and the needs of people of various socio-economic backgrounds.
Preference is given for candidates that have a working knowledge of the affordable housing needs of the community of Clinton. Salary is commensurate with experience and education and negotiable to a maximum of $91,927. The position will include excellent benefits in accordance with DHCD and HUD guidelines.
The Clinton Housing Authority is an EOE.