- Owns the account strategy within assigned accounts and communicates to extended teams on an account by account basis.
- Establishes executive level relationships within the customer base and understands customer processes, business drivers and organizational model.
- Follows the Rockwell Automation sales process: knows assigned accounts, plans for growth, maintains a healthy funnel, drives opportunities to closure and evaluates performance to goal.
- Understands the industry (applications, standards/regulations, drivers and trends), the customer's organization and desired business outcomes and Rockwell Automation offerings and delivery mechanisms as well as partner capabilities relevant to assigned accounts.
- Provides application knowledge and industry expertise. Manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation's outcome-based selling methodology.
- Proactively collaborates with the North America OEM Segment Leaders.
- Qualifies customer opportunities, engages the appropriate resources and coordinates the solution design to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer.
- Coordinates Rockwell Automation account team, senior management and a technical engagement team (domain experts) to plan for and win identified opportunities.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system.
- Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances.
- Obtains agreements and prices to support the proposal effort.
- Supports customer/internal account reviews.
- Sets and helps manage internal/external partner expectations.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Software industry experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or Operations Management. Additional business-related degree/experience preferred.
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, manufacturing operations, systems integration or an engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program:
- Sales Account Manager Level 3 - 5 years
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel locally greater than 50% of time.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Dallas - Texas
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).