- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of the district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior
- Establish a system of students evaluation within the guidelines prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district
- Continually evaluate and record various aspects of students' progress and report to parents as needed and required
- Teach within the course of study for the subject area at the grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the school district
- Understand and plan lessons leading to subject area objectives and assume the responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best utilize available time for instruction
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students resolve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Be available for counseling with students and parents before and after school.
- Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational programs to the community through such activities as open house and PTA meetings
- Plan and coordinate the work of aides and other paraprofessional and student teachers (when applicable)
- Participate cooperatively with the principal to develop the system by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with the district's uniform guidelines for evaluation and assessment
- Keep accurate records of student information; compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required by the school and district
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this job:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university; valid Texas teacher certificate with required endorsements for subject and subject level assigned.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various routine tasks, duties, and procedures and the ability to follow specific instructions with little or no previous experience.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish efficient classroom management procedures.
See job description.