Sodexo is currently a Vice President, Business Development GPO. Reporting to SVP of Sales, This role will develop and implement a strategic business plan in conjunction with our GPO partners to support, grow market share, and retain business within in the Hospitals Segment at Sodexo. The Vice President of Business Development, GPO is responsible for sales, procurement, internal and external communications, and collaborative planning, while developing relationships with Group Purchasing Organizations and other organizations in order to strengthen future sales potential and growth within our current business.
This is a remote / virtual role and can be based anywhere in the Unites States. Proximity to a major airport preferred. This position will require up to 70% travel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes sales and retention strategies that result in the achievement of sales, market share, account retention or market growth targets for assigned region.
- Defines a strategy for growing the business and reducing operating costs based on knowledge of GPOs, current market share vs Go to Market Strategy, technological advances, external trends, competition, and customer needs.
- Develops and implements business plans, budgets and forecasts to attain financial goals._ Assist with business reviews with GPO customers to steward relationships, reaffirm strategies linked to business growth and sales targets.
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- A leader with a high level of executive presence with the ability to get to the top of the house in the GPOs. A leader within the Sales organization who can command the field and the customer, to achieve success at an account level. Ability to connect a companies’ total capabilities to the customer.
- Proven sales experience at the C-suit level.
- Sales acumen - Knowledge of the sales process, creating strategy and driving it, costing, articulating value, with the analytical ability to understand a bid and the bid process.
- Ability to see and create opportunity for the company now and in the future.
- Ability to interact with clients and clearly articulate value proposition of technical solution, innovative thought and cost benefit.
- Desire to grow in an executive sales role.
- Operations background preferred.
- Strong relationship builder at an executive level.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Ability to translate company priorities to an executive.
- High level of internal and external influencing skills.
- Ability to dream and see the potential.
- Fearless at the point of attack.
- Ability to sustain relationships- hold on and build upon it.
- Understands measurement on how to be successful in market share and wallet share.
- Leveling capabilities.
Lead expert on Healthcare’s food pricing and procurement value and advise senior leadership in both the Healthcare segment and Entegra on matters involving procurement for Healthcare clients. Manage all Healthcare Segment-focused resources and lead all Healthcare Segment-focused activities within Entegra, including the development of robust procurement value analysis capabilities and the day-to-day management of Healthcare's strategic Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) relationships. Champion and enable the successful implementation of the Healthcare food back-door pricing strategy.