Cellular RF System Engineer - mmWave RF IC Control and Interfaces
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Sep 7, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200189838
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products. A job at Apple is unlike any other. You'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be proud! Do you aspire to be the best? Are you a self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamically evolving environment? If you are passionate about building extraordinary products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. Come join our multi-site System Engineering Team (San Diego/Santa Clara Valley/Munich/Linz), as the US-timezone first-level-contact for all mmWave requests to CI (Control and Interfaces) from Platform as well as chip level for our next generation cellular chipsets!
- We would like you to have 7+ years of hands-on experience in SoC, analog / digital communication IC conception and design.
- Your passion is to analyze use cases and derive precise sequence charts for the control flow.
- You are strong in breaking down system requirements into a balanced hardware and software partitioning.
- We expect expertise in SoC design for real-time critical analog / digital ICs.
- Background in time critical control hardware/firmware/software design is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of standards used in communications technology like 3GPP, ITU, MIPI, IEEE, etc. and their impact on cellular system requirements.
- Strong ability to present complex technical topics to cross-functional teams and drive technical decisions.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
In this role, you will contribute to and be part of an elite RF Systems Cellular Team. We are tasked with driving cellular radio technologies addressing GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR and beyond. We want you to work closely with other RF system engineering teams, RF/modem design teams, and RF/modem software teams to help developing and supporting world class RF solutions and their control. Occasional travel including international may be required. - Serve as the technical interface and the mmWave first point of contact for RF HW/SW design teams and the RF Control and Interfaces System Engineering Team being your home base. - Along with other RF transceiver system engineers, break down the system use cases and detail the interfaces and interactions of processing and control elements which will properly steer all the functional units within the transceiver and the frontend with focus on mmWave. - Support RF control feature and concept definition including boot-, supply-, inter-chip interfaces-, transceiver data pipes-, RF-frontend-aspects, etc. and align them within modem platform. - Co-define the baseband, transceiver and mmWave frontend functional split to achieve best in class modem KPIs.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.