Licensed Practical Nurse (Full-Time)
Medical clinic in Monroe, LA is looking for a reliable, full-time LPN to provide clinical support in the medical office under supervision of Office Manager and Physician. LPN is responsible for delivery of patient care using the nursing process within the standards, policy & procedures, and guidelines of the office.
Hours are M-Th 8-5 and Friday 8-12. We offer paid holidays, PTO, Simple IRA after 5 years of employment. Starting pay of $18 per hour.
- Provide clinical triage
- Provide clinical/telephone triage as defined by office policy and procedures.
- Perform medical office procedures as ordered by physician (injections, immunizations, EKG, etc)
- Set up & assist physician with various procedures
- Administer medications as needed per office policy and procedures
- Obtain specimens (nasal, throat, urine, wound, biopsy, etc.) using proper technique per office policy and procedures
- Assist during emergency situations under direct supervision of physician
- Notify patients of all diagnostic test results and the appropriate next steps based on those results.
- Complete documentation regarding all patient interactions in the medical record.
- Maintain clean, well-stocked patient care and nursing area
- Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand confidentiality obligations and best nursing practices
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Attend all required training and staff meeting
Must be a graduate of Accredited LPN program and have unrestricted Louisiana LPN license
LPN experience: 1 yr preferred
EMR experience: 1 yr preferred
EMR used: AdvancedMD