Sodexo is seeking a Human Resource Manager to join our team at Straub Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. Straub Medical Center is a fully integrated not-for-profit medical center with 159-beds in Honolulu. It has a network of neighborhood clinics and a visiting specialist program that reaches throughout the state of Hawaii. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center.
The Human Resource Manager will report to a Client Executive and will be responsible for working closely with the on-site managers to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements as well as Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs. The Human Resources Manager will support approximately 160 Sodexo, hourly paid union employees with a mix of environmental services, patient transportation, and food service staff.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work closely with on-site managers to ensure compliance with Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs.
- Execute of all Sodexo and Hospital required HR reporting.
- Maintain employee files ensuring compliance with hospital and Sodexo standards.
- Oversee Employee Relations and Employee retention.
- Address all Sodexo employee relations situations.
- Interact with the client Hospital Human Resource team as necessary.
- Be responsible for all unit level recruitment including job posting and interviewing.
- Facilitate all required Sodexo HR training programs including New Employee Onboarding.
- Lead other human resource initiatives for the unit.
- support other HR activities as needed.
If you have the following skillset, then we would love to hear from you:
- A minimum of 2-3 years Human resource management experience in a similar size and type of industry
- Experience leading HR practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity standards, goal attainment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Experience in a union environment and labor contract negotiations required.
- Knowledge of state/federal HR policies/laws as well as be skilled in the area of labor and employee relations.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment and demonstrate professional communication skills.
- Strong attention to details as well as ability to be successful in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Computer literate in all MS Office products.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.