Responsible for the Contract Coordination within the Supply Chain department. Provides assistance and support to the Director of Supply Chain.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages high volume of GPO contract categories and reviews each category for savings opportunities.
- Utilizes GPO and vendor relationships to achieve individual savings target
- Performs statistical analysis of all data gathered through research or negotiations. Performs necessary data analytics to support contracting decisions. Provides management with detailed analysis, including national benchmarking data, of all contract reviews to assist in negotiations and contracting decisions.
- Maintains spreadsheets and databases for contract files including item price information and product standardization opportunities. Uses pivot tables, v-look-ups and other excel formulas to ensure a high level of accuracy with the review of supply contract line item pricing evaluations and annualized cost projections and presents all opportunity for product standardization.
- Utilizes benchmarking and trend data to negotiate with suppliers, to make recommendations to end users and achieve annual savings targets.
- Analyzes requests for contract extensions and/or amendments, renewals and cancelations of contracts to determine the financial and contractual implications on GPO contracts, and any other current local contracts; ensures appropriate communication on any and all compliance related issues.
- Facilitates product trials with the Manager of Value Analysis and/or Department Directors, along with subsequent product conversions.
- Oversees product conversions by ensuring contracted item pricing has been updated with prime distributor, as well as par level adjustments at the distribution warehouse have been completed. Ensures all necessary line item/product information has been provided to internal business analysts so system updates can be completed.
- Reviews purchased services opportunities for standardization. Creates, tracks and follows up on RFP's, invitations for bids, multi-year procurement packages involving contracts for services, consultants, equipment, supplies and capital improvements. Encourages small, woman-owned and minority vendor participation in bidding process.
- Participates in department and organizational LEAN/Process Improvement efforts.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this position includes:
Required Minimum Experience:
5 years of healthcare supply chain experience.
CRMP certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Computer skills required in word processing, Excel spreadsheets and database management.
- Excellent analytical, written, interpersonal, independent thinking and communication skills required. Detail oriented.
- Background in LEAN/Six Sigma required.
- Must be able to cleanse data from multiple sources and accurately forecast product use.
- Must be able to perform V-Look ups, Pivots tables and use formulas in Excel and OneDrive.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.