The Practice Manager has full responsibility and accountability for: the overall operation, financial and administrative performance of the assigned physician's practices (two to four); operational improvement, effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and superior patient experience; election, mentoring, education, development, and performance of practice/HCE employees; leading cross practice projects and coordination with other practice managers/supervisors; communication and cooperation with AAMC stakeholders relevant to the physician practices; and contribution to the strategic decision making, applicable to the physician practices. The Practice Manager must establish and maintain a working relationship with and trust of the physician(s) and keep the Director informed of all issues which affect the practice. The Practice Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining effective working relationships and communicating with other HCE functions such as, but not limited to, the Central Business Office, Information Support, Training, AAMC HR, and AAMC Risk Management. The intent of this position description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. Duties may be deleted and additional duties may be assigned at the Executive Director's discretion.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
- Meets at regular intervals with office staff to implement office and personnel performance improvement initiatives. Meets regularly with the physicians to discuss operational issues.
- Leads in the development of an annual operating budget for each practice.
- Monitor the day to day activities of the office and assure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for efficient and effective operations.
- Acts as office spokesperson for outside agencies and contacts
- Maintains appropriate documents and licenses required to assure compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Approve bi-weekly payroll for all practice employees. Approve all expenditures and ordering of supplies according to HCE policies and signature authority.
- Communicates financial and billing information with providers on a regular basis.
- Maintains contact with the Executive Director or Practice Director regarding important issues.
- Monitor the daily charge capture process and provides feedback to the Central Billing Office.
- Assist in the quality enhancement programs and insure HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in business administration, health administration, finance or related field, and three or more years of experience managing a private physician practice or,
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet software and database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated Physician relationship skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, conflicting demands
- High motivation and achievement orientation
- Ability to manage multiple practice locations
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.