The Practice Clinical Educator will work independently to create a full range of clinical employee development content, employee education and clinical performance focused initiatives. This includes the design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of training and educational programs for employee development.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To promote the delivery of high quality, cost effective health care through the provision of expert clinical education and professional development. This will include various areas of training to include but not limited to, back office workflow, best practices for clinical content, patient triage, proper protocol for administration of medications to include injectables, assisting with in office procedures and clinical documentation within the Epic system.
- The Clinical Educator will work in collaboration with Physicians, Extenders and HCE Leadership to foster and promote a clinical educational development program to meet the needs of our current and future state.
- Promotes evidence-based practice in the care provided to patients and families.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates clinical orientation programs for new and/or existing staff. Provides an appropriate climate for learning and facilitates the adult learning process. Evaluates effectiveness of learning opportunities and staff competence.
- Assists learners in identifying learning needs and effective learning activities required to meet those needs. Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams and promotes team building. Models a positive attitude about the benefits of lifelong learning.
- Assists with the integration of new learning into the practice environment and serves as a resource for professional growth and development of clinical personnel.
- Assists in development of competencies for clinical staff.
- Serves as an advocate to HCE Leadership staff to work with existing staff on potential advancement of clinical staff by offering a variety of clinical educational opportunities.
- Participates actively in quality improvement activities to support the best practice standard of work established for Physician Enterprise practices.
- Collaborates with HCE Leadership staff and providers if applicable to achieve clinical department and organizational goals.
- Three years experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in an Ambulatory Health Care related field.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical staff development or clinical leadership with knowledge of clinical staff development theory and/or principles of adult education.
- Certified Medical Assistant
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.