Channel Support Specialist
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Sep 10, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200189911
As a part of the Worldwide AppleCare organization, the Channel Support Specialist holds a key position responsible for managing Apple's Authorized Service Channels via Apple Authorized Service Providers (AASPs), iPhone Carrier networks, etc. to ensure flawless execution of post sales service for Apple customers. Success is defined as having a support infrastructure that provides rapid, reliable and effective responses to customer concerns and drives program direction! The Channel Support Specialist works collaboratively with a team of peers, in close alignment with the Channel Service Regional ASP and Carrier Management teams to deliver against overall strategies and reports to the Channel Support Manager.
- Providing direction to, clarification and simplification of Apple's business processes for Service Providers and Carriers
- Providing customer service and support via regular interaction/communication through e-mail, phone calls and on-site visits
- Managing service events and escalations, screening and processing the issues in a timely fashion and reporting back to partners
- Managing and analyzing data to drive business results
- Identifying potential problems through reporting and data analysis
- Developing expertise in Apple's various transaction systems (GSX, SAP, ACBI, Partner Central, etc.)
- Ensuring high customer satisfaction while lowering operational costs
- Providing motivation, incentive and coaching to meet metric targets
- Developing and managing timely project plans for customer service contracts, new product introductions and organizational projects
- Carrier and AASP account lifecycle management including on-boarding, process and procedural training, and development
- Writing and/or editing existing procedures for implementing service strategies
- Translating data to information and providing executive-ready deliverables
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively across other organizations within and outside of AppleCare, i.e. Contact Center, Finance, Executive Relations, AppleCare Channel Chat Support, Execution, Logistics, etc.
5 - 8 years of operations experience in a fast-paced environment. Experience working for a Carrier, Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail store preferred. Expertise with industry standard tools (e.g. Mac software, Excel, SAP, etc.). Available for moderate travel requirements when conditions permit. The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes and approach his or her work in the following ways: - Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously - Uses resources effectively and efficiently - Excellent analytical skills - a specialist in spreadsheet creation and presentation - Ability to create, implement and achieve realistic, aggressive goals - Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information under tight deadlines and pressure - Strong competence in evaluating operations strategies - Possesses strong influencing skills to accomplish operational objectives - Secures support for decisions by partnering with others - Anticipates areas of conflict, manages disagreement, seeks solutions and works toward resolution - Ability to develop or reengineer operating strategies, systems and procedures - Ability to understand customer service functions, procedures, techniques, systems, and quality of service measurements - Develops collaborative relationships with people across a variety of areas in and outside the organization - Demonstrates leadership, creativity, innovation, initiative and informed, data driven decision-making - Communicates concisely and clearly both orally and in written form
Education & Experience
Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- ACMT certification a plus.