Location: 2010-Vancouver Hlng Shop94thAv
Waste Connections is looking to hire a Driver HelperÂ to join our team in Vancouver, WA.
This is a physically demanding job where you will be working outside in all weather conditions. Schedule is Monday - Friday 5:30am start time, occasional Saturdays as needed.
This is a union position starting atÂ $20.11/HR and will Increase to $22.71/HR when you obtain a CDL license and are assigned a route. We will help train you to Obtain your CDL. You will be eligible for union benefits and pension plan as well.Â
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experienceÂ preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45-50 hour work week.â
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Union Benefits
- Boot Voucher of up to $450.00 a Year
- Yearly Safety Bonus of up to $1,750
- Company uniforms, High Visibility PPE gear and Safety gear.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum. Or the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to obtain a CDL permit before starting.
- Clean Driving Record.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete DOT pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)