Data Scientist, Apple Pay Analytics - NYC
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 11, 2020
Role Number: 200191352
We are looking for a hardworking, passionate and results-oriented individual to join our team and craft the future of Apple Pay. You are analytically skilled and have strong business acumen. You will be a thought partner to the product and business teams, understand their goals and then use your analytical power to surface actionable insights in support of these goals. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the way; we believe analytics is a team sport, but we strive for independent decision-making and taking smart risks.
- 5+ years of recent experience in an advanced data analytics role
- Experience with defining analytical business requirements, developing measurement plans and working with cross functional teams towards driving site and server instrumentation!
- Experience measuring customer engagement outcomes with a real passion for improving the customer experience through refining the product with testing and optimizations.
- Strong business attitude, possessing the ability to condense complex analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders.
- Excellent presentation, communication and social skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and balance between multiple priorities, to lead high quality work adhering to tight deadlines
- We seek proficiency with SQL. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Proficient with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Ability to accurately understand data elements, sources and relationships in business and technical terms.
- Strong familiarity with multiple platforms, tools, methodologies in data analysis and insight synthesis.
- Proficient working with predictive and causal problem analysis
- Prior experience working with financial products highly desirable
You will play a key role improving the Apple Pay product experience. As a member of the analytics team you will be supporting a product function. You will partner with business owners, understand goals, craft critical metrics and measure ongoing performance. You will use your analytics expertise to uncover new opportunities as well as tune existing features. Your Day to Day Activities will Include: Deep dives in large-scale data to identify key insights that inform product improvements and business strategy. Supervised and unsupervised learning. A/B testing and causal modeling. Define how best to measure and monitor Apple Pay products and features. Engage with business, engineering, product management teams as a thought partner. Build and maintain positive relationships with key partners across the company to successfully deliver impactful insights. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, redefining data with reporting tools and evangelizing critical metrics.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field.