Entry level, mid-level and seasoned, experienced level positions available in Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Minneapolis and Maplewood & Roseville
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,500 apartments and town homes. These homes provide stability to more than 12,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, youll discover hard work thats worth it.
We are seeking skilled maintenance professionals to join our maintenance and management teams at our apartment communities throughout the Metro Area! This includes the responsibility to ensure that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned by performing a wide variety of general maintenance and repair functions including:
- Appliance repair
- Air handler and general HVAC maintenance
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have proven knowledge and experience in all areas of general maintenance
- Candidate must also have strong people skills and enjoy working with a diverse clientele
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- Boilers License required, or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Possess a valid drivers license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Own basic tools
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button above for the location that may interest you.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.