The Front Desk Staff's primary function is to collect information from patients for verification of identity, consent, procedure and surgery checklist. The Front Desk Staff's will also be responsible for collecting co-pays and collecting Insurance Information. This individual will also be responsible for organizing and filing of medical records. This is a fast-paced front office.
- Successfully prep charts and insert all incoming "outside" documents needed for case into the chart.
- Verify patient information, consent and procedure.
- Serve as a source of information and communication link for patients, Physicians, visitors, and facility personnel.
- Greet patients, visitors and vendors to facility. Notify Physician and personnel of patient's arrival.
- Scans and files completed medical records
- Report and discuss with Supervisor any problems that occur in the Front Desk.
- Remind patients or patient's contact person about appointments and pre-op calls.
- Perform clerical functions as directed by the Supervisor.
- Maintain various files, logs, medical records, ensuring accuracy, and completeness of information.
- Ensure that all lab and MRI results are in patient's chart before procedure.
- Maintain confidentiality, security, and physical safety of medical records.
- Prepare the patients chart and consent the day before procedure.
- Explain all forms to patients prior to their signing.
- Read aloud to the patient or legal guardian the name of the Physician and the procedure to be performed.
- Strong customer service skills required. Previous medical office experience preferred.
- English/ Spanish bilingual required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- A working experience of MS Excel is preferred
- Must be able to conduct oneself in a mature, professional, and pleasant manner.
- Ability to multitask in time compromising environment.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.