Put your innovative technical solutions to work to drive strong business results in Facilities/Engineering!
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Operations Manager 2 (Assistant Director level) for Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center located in Chula Vista, CA (San Diego Metro Area). Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is a is a 449-bed hospital with the largest array of health care services in San Diego's South Bay. Founded in 1979, Sharp Chula Vista is part of Sharp HealthCare, a San Diego health care company.
Are You the One?
We are seeking candidates with proven success in achieving reductions in expense through innovative projects in facility management and renovations, with technical expertise in building services including plant operations, MEP and project management for re-engineering initiatives. You also may oversee contract labor for electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire safety equipment, security systems and building hardware.
- Supervisor/Managerial Experience; 3 years as a chief engineer and/ or 5 years as a Lead engineer in an Acute Care Hospital setting. _Strong Central Plant experience
- Supervisor/Managerial Experience; Managing engineers in a non union environment, preferably in a large shop (20 plus staff) in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
- Supervisor/ Managerial Experience: At a minimum 1 to 2 years as an Assistant Facilities Director and/ or 3 to 5 years as Facilities Manager in an Acute Care Hospital setting.
- Technical Knowledge: Strong acute care hospital experience with technical knowledge of hospital building computerized management system, automated building systems, inventory/equipment management systems and standby emergency power systems. ATS, main medical gas distribution and alarm monitoring systems, main electrical distribution systems, boilers, steam supply/condensate systems, DX /chilled water systems, pneumatic controls and transportation distribution systems, plumbing, life safety support systems.
- Technical Knowledge: Administering and supervising hospital predictive and preventive maintenance programs to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the entire hospital, monitoring its application to assure maximum effectiveness and provides appropriate documentation required_.
- Technical Knowledge: 3 to 5 years’ experience in preparing for and coordinating Joint Commission, CMS, CDPH and other Authorities Having Jurisdiction surveys. Strong working knowledge of the Joint Commission Standards (EC, LS, IP), CMS Conditions of Participation, NFPA, CA Building Codes, OSHPD, OSHA.
- Function_Specific Experience; 1 to 2 years’ experience in managing or participating in the management/ coordination of hospital design and construction projects in an OSHPD environment.
If you excel at unit profitability, account savings, client satisfaction, safety and quality, we want to hear from you!
You will be professionally responsible for Facilities Management regarding the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water and monitoring systems for all health system buildings and services.
Reporting directly to the Client Executive, this job will be responsible for managing a budget of 5 Million and a team of 49 with a scope of multiple buildings. Areas of focus will include:
You will have budget, staffing, short- and long-range planning, and program development responsibilities for the Facilities department in addition to construction/renovation operations, facility planning, maintenance, repair programs and energy management.
If you can translate and communicate your technical expertise and financial acumen with C-Suite Executives and staff, let’s talk!
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- plant operations and maintenance management experience in a healthcare environment;
- experience with the Join Commission, Environment of Care (EOC), OSHA and Life Safety requirements;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, fire protection, safety systems, civil, low voltage, demolition, architectural and energy management;
- business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- excellent customer service and communication skills;
- staff development and team building experience;
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) is a plus; and
- a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields preferred.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety