You are a strategic & innovative leader ready to help clients optimize their business.
Sodexo is seeking to hire an experienced Grounds Manager 2 at our client site, Lake Forest Academy.
Lake Forest Academy
- Located in Lake Forest, Illinois; about 30 miles north of Chicago, Il.
- Situated on 150 -Beautiful- acres
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Grounds Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Grounds Manager will be responsible for directing daily grounds and landscape maintenance service operations, supervising daily work activities, assigning and prioritizing work activities, managing grounds department budget by controlling costs (labor, inventory, equipment, materials and all related expenditures), scheduling of all grounds work, and general horticulture management. Overall oversight of routine grounds maintenance of planting beds, shrubs, trees, roadways, parking lots, walkways, trash removal and organizing and performing sports field preparation, and snow removal. Includes but not limited to support of event set up and vehicle parking.
Do you have:
- Strong technical skills in the Grounds and Landscape providing strong day to day performance and operational excellence.
- A focus on developing strong client relationships, trust and satisfaction in grounds maintenance and landscaping.
- Ability to plan projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support Client and Sodexo strategic plan.
- Complete understanding and wide application of basic principles, theories, and concepts in area of specialty
The successful candidate will have:
- at least 5 years’ experience in grounds management;
- at least 3 years supervisory/managerial experience;
- computer literacy;
- excellent leadership, communication and customer service skills;
- State of Illinois Applicator license – pesticides; as well as
- Spanish bi-lingual is strongly preferred
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Provides supervision for grounds maintenance and landscape development services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company.
Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
-Driving the Zero Harm mindset
-Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
-Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.